Anesthesiologist Job in Bangor
Anesthesiologist needed for a locum opportunity in Maine#2806
Job Quick Facts
* Specialty: Anesthesiology
* Location: ME (163 mi northeast of Boston, MA)
* Board Requirement: BC
* License Requirement: Maine
* Reason for Need: Extra Volume
* Practice Type: Inpatient
* Coverage Type: Scheduled Clinical Hours + Call
* Coverage Period: Dec. 9 - 13, 2019
* Shift/Call Schedule: Mon - Fri, 7 AM - 3 PM or 7 AM - 5 PM
* Call Type: Beeper
* Locums Call is For: Both
* Call response time required: 20 mins
* Call ratio: 1:7
* Beds in department: 6
* Rounding: Assigned patients
* Provider will be required to supervise CRNAs
* Skills Required:
- Pain Management: Epidural injects/catheter placement
- Procedures: Regional anesthesia, Endotracheal intubation, Conscious sedation, Adult anesthesia, Complex Orthopedic, Ventilator management-head, General anesthesia
* Other information:
- 6 OR's running 5 days a week.
- Endo suite primarily conscious sedation
- On any given day, 2 or 3 of the ORs will be MD/DO and 3 to 4 will be CRNAs under medical direction.
- Currently, our schedule is three rooms end at 3 PM, two rooms end at 5 PM, and one room ends at 7 PM. No elective cases are booked after 5 PM (the 7 o'clock room is for add-ons only).
- Currently, about 40% of cases are orthopedics, 30% general surgery, and the rest the combination of neurosurgery, plastic surgery, podiatry, and GYN. There is no obstetrics, cardiothoracic, urology, or trauma.
- Bread & Butter
- Solo call, CRNA's do not take call.
- Use Pyxis for medication management
- The anesthesiologist must be comfortable working solo and doing procedures.
* EMR: Epic
* Travel, lodging, and malpractice insurance covered